MAX394 Low-Voltage, Quad, SPDT, CMOS Analog Switch—Replaces MAX333A
The MAX394 is a precision, low-voltage, quad, single-pole/double-throw (SPDT) analog switch. The four independent switches operate with bipolar supplies ranging from ±2.7V to ±8V, or with a single supply of +2.7V to +15V. The MAX394 offers low on-resistance (less than 35Ω), guaranteed to match within 2Ω between channels and to remain flat over the analog signal range (Δ4Ω max). It also offers break-before-make switching (10ns typical), with turn-off times less than 75ns and turn-on times less than 130ns. The MAX394 is ideal for portable operation since quiescent current runs less than 1µA with all inputs high or low.
This monolithic, quad switch is fabricated with Maxim's low voltage silicon-gate process. Design improvements guarantee extremely low charge injection (10pC), low power consumption (10µW), and electrostatic discharge (ESD) greater than 2000V.
Logic inputs are TTL and CMOS compatible and guaranteed over a +0.8V to +2.4V range for supply voltages up to +8V. When supplies exceed +8V, the inputs are typically +0.8V to +4V. Logic inputs and switched analog signals can range anywhere between the supply voltages without damage.
- Audio Signal Routing
- Communication Systems
- Heads-Up Displays
- PBX, PABX
- Portable Instrumentation
- Set-Top Boxes
- Test Equipment
Features and Benefits
- Low On-Resistance, < 17Ω Typical (35Ω max)
- Guaranteed Matched On-Resistance Between Channels, < 2Ω
- Guaranteed Flat On-Resistance over Analog Signal Range, Δ4Ω Max
- Guaranteed Charge Injection < 10pC
- Guaranteed Off-Channel Leakage < 2.5nA at +85°C
- ESD Guaranteed > 2000V per Method 3015.7
- Single-Supply Operation (+2.7V to +15V)
- Bipolar-Supply Operation (±2.7V to ±8V)
- TTL/CMOS-Logic Compatibility
- Rail-to-Rail Analog Signal Handling Capability
- Pin Compatible with MAX333, MAX333A